As tax season approaches and you begin to think about getting to work on your return, the Internal Revenue Service has issued a warning for all tax payers to beware of tax scams! Schemes vary from email refund scams to phone calls from people soliciting sensitive information posing as IRS agents and more. The IRS will never contact you for personal or sensitive tax or financial information via email, so make sure to be diligent with that kind of information.
Some basic tips to stay on top of tax season and avoid tax-related scams are:
- Don’t carry your Social Security card on you
- Secure personal information that you keep in your home
- Protect information on your computer with regular password changes and by using firewalls and anti-virus software
- Don’t give out your personal information unless you are sure of the person you are dealing with
- Conduct regular credit checks by getting an annual credit report
And, of course, contact your local Denver accountants at Bloch Rothman and Associates for all tax assistance. Whether you are new to filing your taxes or consider yourself a seasoned veteran, our team of tax professionals in Denver will guide you through the process and make it easy and efficient. Call our office today to speak with one of our tax preparers at (303) 321.7160. We look forward to working with you!